Sunday, July 24, 2011

Obamaville

This neighborhood just east of mine has six houses which are bank owned on one side, and five more on the other. 11 houses out of 14?! That's awful! As it has already been said, "I don't know whether to laugh or cry" and it's true; what sad times that a small town of under 4600 people cannot sustain. The houses on either side of me are going to be vacant soon; one house is facing forclosure and the other is attempting a short sale for a little less than 2/3 the owed amount.
While I don't know what all led up to this neighborhood being this way, it is still sad. There is nothing I know of that I could do to help this from happening all around. It seems very much like an "every man for himself" situation, which is troubling.
Meanwhile, I am trying my best to keep up on everything so the same thing doesn't happen to me.

3 comments:

  1. Jack, the title of this post makes me inclined to believe you feel it's Obama's fault this is occurring. If that's the case, please enlighten me as to your reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, it's just an homage to "Hoovervilles" of yesteryear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obama isn't the first, and won't be the last to be scapegoated for the natural ebb and flow of capitalism. Hoovervilles were more like homeless camps than rows of vacant homes. It would be nice to identify this phenomena with the real root cause, but bank-executive-board-ville doesn't have the same ring to it.

    ReplyDelete