Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fantasy-Covered Shit Balls

I love our country and I've offered up my service for it before, but last night I was trying to explain WHY we have fireworks on the 4th of July to my 5 year old son. I told him the explosions are supposed to sound like bombs and that the smaller firecrackers are supposed to sound like men firing guns at one another.

Scores of people filled the roads around my house and they seemed to be happy. They were drinking and cooking on their barbeques and doing all the "American" things we have come to be known for.

Make no mistake about it... I am HAPPY that we kicked the Tyrannical rulers out of our business over two hundred years ago. I commend people who stand up for their rights and who will fight for their freedom.

I just find it hard to find the way explain to my son about the sacrifices that were made and why. Someday my son will find out what I did and what a waste of my efforts it was on the grand scale; our Forefathers fought for something real. We owe it to ourselves to do two things: Keep the memory alive as to why we are free and also pay attention so we can know when to refresh to Tree of Liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment