Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kawasaki Versys Lowering Kit by MotoWerks

So last night I installed the MotoWerk lowering kit on a 2008 Kawasaki Versys. The bike was already quite capable, but the owner was not comfortable with the height of the bike, even at the lowest setting. Shown here is the way the kit works by relocating the shock and spring to the rear and therefore lowering the stance. The front is lowered by simply loosening one tube mount at a time and letting it spring up slowly. Today I was the Red Devil on the way to drop this off… man does it ride nicer now. I’m 6’5” so it’s a teeny bit small for me, but the handling makes it worth it. My son and I did the install in just over an hour too!

 

The other pic is showing the Flatfoot kit for the lowered Versys. Basically, I marked 1.25” down from the little stud there and cut off the rest. The flat foot makes it easier to park the bike on grass or dirt. Good times.




No comments:

Post a Comment