Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Honda NX250 Project






My dad's friend has this old thing sitting in his garage and after this weekend, it will be sitting in MINE!!!! It's a 1988 Honda NX250 dual sport, street legal 4-stroke. It needs a bit of TLC to the body, but that's nothing that a couple cans of spray paint, some visits to BikeBandit.com and a few hours work won't cure. I have been wanting a dirt bike for a long time, but they are not cheap; well I like the price of free on this one.

The fenders are zip-tied on in some places, the ignition switch needs to be cleaned up, there are welding rods keeping the turn signals in place and many other issues. None of them are that hard to fix, but they do present a bit of an eye sore at the moment.

My best guess is that in the next two months I'll be able to rip around down by the Skykomish river on this thing. More pics on the repairs, mods, etc to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment