Monday, September 26, 2011

Adapting to Primal Life

Over the course of the past month or so, I have been making a concerted effort to both eat more vegetables and also to refrain from eating grains. *Someone just walked by and mentioned I look much thinner as I am typing this* I can say that the Mark’s Daily Apple site and its teachings have helped me start a healthier life than I have had in quite some time.  Now, instead of oatmeal for breakfast, I eat eggs, meat and veggies, but rather heavy on veggies for most people.
One thing I have added that I’ve never eaten before is Kale. It is the Chuck Norris of leafy greens and I love it in a salad, quiche or omelet. Lunch is easy because all I do now is eat sandwich guts, ie: no bread or just omit croutons from salad. Dinner can be a challenge because of all the products that contain corn or other grain products.
Ditching the deadbeat drinks and added sugar was really no big deal to me, but there are times where I would love to stuff my face with greasy apple fritter goodness.
Really, the best part of this is the way I feel. I have lost 30 pounds in the last three and a half months and the bulk of it since going Primal. My wife has been cool with me wanting to stop eating grains (except beer and liquor; I’ll be deep in the cold Earth before I give up booze) and be healthier. I also am experience a lot less joint pain than ever before… that is the best outcome so far.
We shall see how this goes, but if this sounds like something you are interested in, check out the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment