Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mike's 30th Birthday Surprise Party

Mike's wife tried very hard to keep this as much of a surprise as possible and I think she achieved her goal. The guest of honor was supposed to be there at around 5:30pm or so we thought. While we waited for him to arrive, we built up the fire, cracked open several beers including 21st Amendment's "Brew Free or Die" IPA and Deschutes Brewery "Black Butte". Mike's father was also on site with some BADASS whisky that went down smooth and was in no need of a mixer.
For once, I was the guy without a gun on my hip or in my pocket; it was pretty cool to see dozens of people open-carrying and not giving a fuck... all responsible people too. All the kids were playing in the little sand box area and down by the river; the video shown here is what they found while picking up rocks to throw near the river.
When Mike finally arrived, I was good and lit and proceeded to stop drinking for the rest of the night. It was a great night and nobody got hurt or arrested. I did manage to cut the shit out of the tops of all my toes in the process of running around barefoot all night..... hmmmm..
Good times.
Also, here is Kham pulling part of our firewood!! http://twitvid.com/35RDY

No comments:

Post a Comment